Rob and I love potato salad. It is an easy side dish to make, its inexpensive, and goes with just about everything. We usually pair it with hot dogs or hamburgers. There are many recipes out there for potato salad and everyone seems to have their own way to make potato salad. I wanted to post this recipe on a day that I really wanted to celebrate summer and today seemed like a great day. Enjoy!
Classic Potato Salad
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Boil peeled and diced potatoes in salted water until done. Cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Cool by running under cold water.
- Place diced potatoes in large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, cider vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in another bowl.
- Add to potatoes.
- Add celery and onions and mix well.
- Slice hard boiled eggs and place on top. (optional)
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top. (optional)