Fall is on its way. My neighbor gave me a bunch of apples from their tree so I decided to look for some yummy apple recipes. I ran across this one and I thought it looked super easy. I found it on bettycrocker.com. I have always found that Betty Crocker recipes are pretty good. The apple crisp turned out great and was super easy to make as well.This recipe is highly recommended.
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired
1) Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
2) Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
3) Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.