Saturday, February 4, 2012

Baked Kale Chips

I have seen many articles and recipes recently about kale so I wanted to give kale chips a try. I have to admit Rob and I were both very skeptical. I'm not sure why we waited so long to try the recipe. We really enjoyed the kale chips. It is a great alternative to potato chips. We put them into a Ziploc container to store, but the chips got a little chewy. I took the lid off and they turned really crisp again. I think it was because of the oil. We just store them uncovered now. Give them a try!!




Ingredients

  • 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Sea salt, for sprinkling

Directions

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes. Serve as finger food.

 Recipe from food network

No comments:

Post a Comment