Monday, May 2, 2011

Brown Sugar Baked Brie

We LOVE this recipe. We have made it many times. The first time we made it I didn't cut off the rind. This did make the cheese less runny, but I didn't like the taste of the rind. The next time we made it I cut off most of the rind and I liked it much better, but it was a little runny. It all depends on preference, as to whether you want to cut the rind off or not. We love serving it with grapes, strawberries, and apples. This baked brie is just as good as any restaurant baked brie...maybe better and its super easy to make. We give this one 5 out of 5.

Baked Brie served with fruit

Brown Sugar Baked Brie

1 can (8 oz) crescent rolls
1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
brown sugar
1 egg, beaten


Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and seal perforations, forming 2 squares. Place 1 square on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of cheese. Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese. Trim edges. Fold bottom edges over top edge; and press down to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.

4 comments:

  1. I loved baked brie. It is so good and so easy to make. It always baffles me when you go to a nice restaurant and it is super expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I miss brie, especially when its all gooey and topped with good stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have both said we love baked brie, but it was frequently too expensive to order from a restaurant. That's what prompted me to find this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete